Publications and presentations of your DowMI research are strongly encouraged. Nevertheless, the DowMI Research Agreement stipulates a review period prior to submission of materials for publication or presentation, such as journal articles, abstracts, presentation slides and posters.
The procedures below should be followed:
- Inventive ideas and results that demonstrate the invention should be discussed with your Dow Project Manager and where appropriate, an invention disclosure should be filed.
- Materials for publication or presentation should be sent to your Dow project manager no later than 30 days prior to the date of submission.
- This includes material that has already been approved by Dow for a previous conference or meeting.
- Please note, if the materials contain inventive aspects that have not yet been described in a patent application, Dow may request that publication is delayed by up to an additional 60 days.
- Authors or presenters should contact alainamcgrath [at] mrl [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (Alaina McGrath) no later than 7 days prior to the date of submission or presentation if you have not yet received approval from Dow.
- Authors should acknowledge “the Dow Chemical Company and the Dow Materials Institute at the University of California, Santa Barbara” for financial support.
- When including the Dow and DowMI logos on your slides, posters or other printed materials, please follow the guidelines given here.