- First download the driver for your operating system:
Mac OS (El Cap, Sierra)
Mac OS (Pre El Cap)
Windows (64 bit, Win 7,8,10 - for other versions, Google Canon C5255 driver support - click the Canon link that says Support | Color | iMage Runner Advance C5255)
- Once the download is complete open the downloaded folder.
- On Macs, double click the .zip file to unzip it and then double click the .pkg file, and go through the installation process. You'll then have to add the printer as an LPD Printer with an IP address of 188.8.131.52 in the Printers section of the System Preferences. Name the printer MRL Mail Room Copier. Select the driver - Canon imageRunner Adv C5255 .
- On Windows, double click the .exe file to start the install process.
- After the installation is complete open your printer preferences in System Preferences for Mac users or Control Panel for PC users
- Click add printer and then enter in the IP: 184.108.40.206 (second floor Mail Room Copier)
- On Windows open the printer preferences and set Color to B&W (you can add color to printing manually when printing, but printing in B&W saves us a lot of money). Make sure to uncheck User ID Management too.
- On Macs, open the Utilities folder in the Applications folder and launch Terminal. Cut and paste the following: cupsctl WebInterface=yes . Then on Macs, open a web browser and paste in http://127.0.0.1:631 . Click on Administration, Manage Printers, and click on the printer you just added (MRL Mail Room Copier). Click on Administration and select Default Options. Under Output Options, select Staple Finisher J1 if you want the ability to staple. Under Color Mode, select Black and White (saves the MRL money). At the bottom set to False, Job Accounting and Confrim ID/Password. Click Set Default Options at the very bottom.
- Print a test page to verify the setup procedure worked successfully.
- See us in 2066B if you have any troubles or fuz [at] mrl [dot] ucsb [dot] edu .
The same will also work for the 3rd floor copier (220.127.116.11), but the copier is an ImageRunner Advance C350, so you'll have to google canon imagerunner advance c350 to obtain the UFRII driver.