The Complex Fluids Design Consortium has brought together UCSB faculty with researchers from industry and national laboratories interested in the computational design and processing behavior of soft materials and complex fluids. The 2022 Annual Review and Workshop will feature presentations related to:
- Methodologies for computational design of soft materials including polymer alloys, solutions, suspensions, and complex fluid formulations
- Development of software tools for predicting self-assembly, thermodynamic properties, and phase behavior of complex fluids
- Development of software tools for predicting processing behavior of complex fluids
- Development of efficient methods for treating charged polymer systems including polyelectrolyte solutions and complexes
- Integration of atomistic, mesoscopic, and macroscopic modeling techniques
- Application of the above modeling tools and techniques to systems of interest to the consortium members, especially directed self-assembly
- For directions to the UCSB campus, please follow this link.
- A UCSB campus map is available here.
- General visitor information about Santa Barbara
If you require accommodations, we have a limited number of rooms available at the Best Western South Coast Inn near campus. To make a reservation, please call 805-967-3200 and mention that you are with the "UCSB MROP 2022" to receive a special rate of $135/night plus tax ($165/night plus tax Fri.) The deadline for room reservations is Monday, January 3, 2022. The rates are based on single occupancy and space is limited, so we recommend that you make your reservation soon.
If you have questions, please contact: sorensen [at] mrl [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (Sara Sorensen), Phone: (805) 893-2637